• SUMMER STORYTIME: Stories, music, crafts, puppet shows and fun will be offered from 10:30-11 a.m. in the Children’s Department of the Piqua Public Library. Register by calling 773-6753, or stopping by the Children’s Department.
• FARMERS MARKET: The Piqua Community Farmers Market will be from 3:30-6:30 p.m. in front of the Fort Piqua Plaza in downtown Piqua. For more information, visit piquafarmersmarket.com.
• BOARD MEETING: The Tipp City Seniors Board of Trustees meeting will be at 10 a.m. at 320 S. First St., Tipp City. A carry-in luncheon for members and guests will follow at noon.
• BOOK SIGNING: Troy grad Joe Fletcher, who recently wrote a book, Crashing Into Heaven,” will have a book signing at 7 p.m. at Jay and Mary’s Bookstore.
• SRP PICNIC: Summer Reading Programs are coming to a close, and the Milton-Union Public Library is ready to celebrate the winners! The Picnic on the Lawn runs from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. and is open to all kids that have completed a summer reading log. Enjoy hot dogs, ice cream and relay games.
• CIVIC BAND: The Piqua Civic Band will explore American pop music at 7 p.m. at Hance Pavilion, Fountain Park, Piqua. Bring the entire family for an evening of pop music from the 1950’s, ’60s and ’70s. The band will feature saxophonist Bill Burns. Selections will include “I Heard It Through the Grapevine,” Hits of the Beach Boys, “Harlem Nocturne,” “Cry Me a River,” “The British Invasion: Hits of the 1960s,” and more. All concerts are free and open to the public. Visit the band’s website at http://piquacivicband.weebly.com for more information.
• REGIONAL HOURS: Ohio Secretary of State Jon Husted today announced his office’s July regional office hours. Regional liaisons for the Secretary of State’s office will be in Miami County from 2-4 p.m. at the Troy-Miami County Public Library, 419 W. Main St., Troy. The purpose of open office hours is to give local residents an opportunity to learn more about, and stay connected with, the Secretary of State’s office in an informal and accessible setting.
• DRYER BALLS: How would you like to never buy another fabric softener again and cut your laundry drying time in half? Join staff at the Troy-Miami County Library at 6:30 p.m. and learn how to make your own dryer balls (as seen on Pinterest); discover how to make your own laundry detergent, too. It’s easy to learn and fun to do, all materials will be provided. The library is located at 419 W. Main St., Troy. For more information, call 339-0502, Ext. 117.
• PERI MEETING: Reservations are due today for the Miami County Chapter of Ohio Public Employee Retirees meeting set for Aug. 3 at 11:30 a.m. at St. John’s Lutheran Church, 248 Wood St., Piqua. Enter parking lot from Downing Street. Lunch is $10, payable at the door. To make a reservation, call Beth at 335-2771. The speaker will be Kathryn “Kazy” Hines, mayor of Piqua. This meeting is open to any retired or currently employed Ohio public employee.
• DINE TO DONATE: Buffalo Wings & Rings, Piqua, will donate 10 percent of the check of patrons to David and Trisha Elliott’s Angels for Alzheimer’s team for the Miami County Walk to End Alzheimer’s between 5-8 p.m.
• TACO SALAD: The American Legion Auxiliary Unit 586, Tipp City, will offer taco salads for $4 and cookies, two for 50 cents. Euchre starts at 7 p.m. for $5.
• CLASS LUNCH Members of the Piqua Central High School class of 1953 will meet for lunch at noon at China East, 1239 E. Ash St., Piqua.
• LUNCH ON THE LAWN: The Miami County Cattleman’s Association will offer Lunch on the Lawn from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. on the Miami Courthouse lawn, Troy. Meals will be $6 for a sirloin sandwich or $8 for a ribeye sandwich, and also includes chips, cookie, pop or bottled water.
• PIZZA: The Troy Fish & Game will offer pizza night beginning at 6 p.m.
• SEAFOOD DINNER: The Pleasant Hill VFW Post 6557, 7578 W. Fenner Road, Ludlow Falls, a three-piece fried fish dinner, 21-piece fried shrimp, or a fish/shrimp combo with French fries and coleslaw for $7 from 6-7:30 p.m. Frog legs, when available, are $10.
• HEALTH TREKKERS: The Miami County Park District will hold its Health Trekkers program from 6-7 p.m. at Hobart Urban Nature Preserve, 1400 Tyrone, Troy. Take a hike for heath and join park district health and wellness specialist, registered nurse Marion for this weekly low impact walk. Relevant topics such as heart health, diet and nutrition, diabetes prevention, stress relief and many others will be discussed during this twelve walk series. Remember to wear weather appropriate gear and walking shoes for comfort. Registration not required but highly recommended. Register for the program by going to the program calendar at MiamiCountyParks.com, emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling (937) 335-6273, Ext. 109.
• DINE TO DONATE: Bob Evans will donated 15 percent of sales between 6 a.m. and 10 p.m. at the Bob Evans restaurants in Piqua, Troy and Sidney, to David and Trisha Elliott’s Angels for Alzheimer’s team for the Miami County Walk to End Alzheimer’s. A flier must be presented at checkout, and can be found at www.BobEvans.com/BEkind.
• BLUEGRASS: The contemporary bluegrass sound of Mad River Railroad will fill the air in downtown Troy as the band performs on the square at 7:30 p.m. at Prouty Plaza. Mad River Railroad plays contemporary bluegrass, newgrass, fiddle tunes, folk, roots, traditional blues and country music using bluegrass instruments. Participants should bring their own chairs. The concert is part of the Downtown Troy Summer Concert Series. It is presented by Troy Main Street, and is free to the community. For more information, call Troy Main Street at 339-5455.
• BUS STOP: The National Federation Of Republican Womens Red, White and Blue bus named “Rosie” will be in Troy at the Club 55 parking lot, 845 W. Market St., Troy, from 3-5 p.m. Come meet NFRW President Carrie Almond. The mission of the Destination White House Tour is to spread the message to vote in 2016. For more information, call Ann Baird at 335-4338.
• STEAK DINNER: The American Legion family, Post 586, Tipp City, will prepare a steak dinner with baked potato, salad, dessert, roll and butter for $12.
• FARMERS MARKET: The Downtown Troy Farmers Market will be offered from from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. The market features fresh local produce, breads, artisan cheeses, maple syrup, honey, baked goods, locally-raised meat, artists’ booths, live music, other entertainment and more. The location on South Cherry Street, just off West Main Street, is convenient for shoppers with adjacent parking. For more information, visit www.TroyMainStreet.org or call (937) 339-5455.
• FARMERS MARKET: The Miami County Farmers Market will open from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. in Lowe’s parking lot, Troy, with local, plants, vegetables, maple syrup and more.
• FISHING DERBY: The Troy Fish & Game will offer an adult fishing derby from 5 p.m. to midnight.
• PRIME RIB: The Pleasant Hill VFW Post 6557, 7578 W. Fenner Road, Ludlow Falls, will offer prime rib, steak fries and caesar salad for $13 from 5-7 p.m.
• FUNDRAISER: A fundraiser, to help Phyllis Wilks, a 20-year lung cancer survivor, will be from 2-10 p.m. at the Redman’s Picnic Grounds, Troy. The event, which is $5 to enter, will include an auction, 50-50 and food.
• KARAOKE: The American Legion Post 586, Tipp City, will host karaoke from 7 p.m. to close.
• PARTY AT POOL: Bring your family to the Troy Aquatic Park between 7:15-8:45 p.m. to celebrate the end of the Troy-Miami County Public Library’s summer reading challenge. Admission is free for everyone who attends. Check the library website or Facebook page for a rain date, if needed. Parents and siblings are welcome. The Troy Aquatic Park is located at 460 W. Staunton Road, Troy. For more information, call the library at 339-0502, Ext. 121 or visit www.tmcpl.org.
• BREAKFAST: The Boy Scouts Troop 586, American Legion Post 586, Tipp City, will offer an all-you-can-eat breakfast for $6 from 8-11 a.m. Items available will be eggs-your-way, bacon, sausage, sausage gravy, biscuits, pancakes, waffles, French toast, regular toast, home fries, cinnamon rolls, fruit and juices.
• LUNCH WITH GOD: St. James Episcopal Church, 200 W. High St., Piqua, will host Lunch with God Sunday from 12:30-2 p.m. The meal is free and open to everyone.
• BUTTERFLY SURVEY: The Miami County Park District will hold a Butterfly Survey at 2:30 p.m. at Stillwater Prairie Reserve, 9750 State Route 185, Covington. Participants will help Park District naturalists collect data on butterflies in Miami County. Some of the data collected will help with the Monarch Larva Monitoring project which focuses on larval populations and milkweed. For more information on the Monarch monitoring project visit www.mlmp.org/. Register for the program by going to the program calendar at MiamiCountyParks.com, emailing email@example.com or calling (937) 335-6273, Ext. 109.
• SOUP AND SALAD: The American Legion Auxiliary Unit 586, Tipp City, will prepare two kinds of soup, salad, roll and dessert for $6 starting at 6 p.m.
• COFFEE AND COLOR: Join staff at the Troy-Miami County Library for a coffee and coloring event. Take a stress break and enjoy a cup of coffee while coloring away the day’s anxiety at 1:30 p.m.; the coloring pages, colored pencils and coffee will be provided. The library is located at 419 W. Main St., Troy. For more information, call 339-0502, Ext. 117.
• ADULT HIKE: The Miami County Park District will hold an Adult Exploration Hike from 9-11 a.m. at Lost Creek Reserve, 2385 E. State Route 41, east of Troy. Join park district naturalist Sassafras Susan to discover the birds, plants and trees across the county, one park at a time. These hikes are a great opportunity to get out in nature and learn together. Walks last about two hours and are not strenuous or fast-paced. Due to weather, trails may be wet. Wear appropriate shoes. Register for the program by going to the program calendar at MiamiCountyParks.com, emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling (937) 335-6273, Ext. 109.
• QUARTER AUCTION: Boy Scout Troop 586, Tipp City, will present a quarter auction from 7- 9 p.m. at the American Legion Post 586, Tipp City, to raise money to support their programs. Paddles are $2 each and additional paddles will be available to purchase. The American Legion Post kitchen will be open for food sales from 5:30-8:30 p.m.
• SUPPORT GROUP: The Miami-Shelby Ostomy Support Group will hold its monthly meeting at 7 p.m. at Upper Valley Medical Center, Troy. The Ostomy Support Group’s meetings are held the first Wednesday of each month except January and July. The meeting will be in the hospital lower level Conference Room A. Programs provide information and support to ostomates and their families, and are beneficial to health care professionals as well. Laura Lockwood from Coloplast Ostomy Co. will be the speaker for the program. For more information, contact Robin Medrano at 440-4706.
• SLIDERS: The American Legion Post 586, Tipp City, will prepare John’s Sliders, two for $2, with chips and toppings starting at 6 p.m.
• KIWANIS MEETING: The Piqua Kiwanis will meet at noon at The Bistro Room, 1876 Commerce Drive, Piqua. Piqua City Schools Teacher of the Year Diane Fox will speak. For more information, call Brian Phillips at 778-158 or visit www.freewebs.com/piquakiwanis/.
• KIWANIS: The Kiwanis Club of Troy welcomes Bill Horstman, executive director of Habitat for Humanity of Miami and Shelby counties. Horstman will be discussing the relocation of their ReStore facility, product availability and also volunteer opportunities at Habitat in Miami and Shelby counties. Lunch meeting starts at noon at the Troy Country Club.
• QUARTER AUCTION: The Angels for Alzheimer’s team will offer a quarter auction at 7 p.m. at the Miami Valley Centre Mall, 987 E. Ash St., Piqua. Doors will open at 6 p.m. Admission is $3 and includes one paddle. Additional paddles are $1. Bring your own quarters, as limited amounts will be available. Food and drink will be available in the food court. All proceeds will benefit the Miami County Walk to End Alzheimer’s. For more information, contact Trisha Elliott at email@example.com.
• HOT DOGS: The American Legion Post 586, Tipp City, will offer hot dogs with chips and toppings for $2 or with French fries for $3, onion rings $1 and cookies two for 50 cents starting at 6 p.m. Euchre starts at 7 p.m. for $5.
• COMMISSION TO MEET: The Public Defenders Commission will meet at 10 a.m. at the office of the public defender, 201 W. Main St., Troy.
• ICE CREAM: A homemade ice cream social will be from 5-7 p.m. at Greenville Creek Christian Church, 5110 Buckneck Road, Bradford. The menu will include four kinds of ice cream, sandwiches, cake, pie and drinks.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU