• CRAFTY LISTENERS: The Crafty Listeners gather from 1-2:30 p.m. at the Milton-Union Public Library. This group of women listens to a lighthearted book while working on joint and individual craft projects. Both experienced crafters and those wanting to learn are welcome.
• KIDS BINGO: Stop in the library for a chance to win prizes. Milton-Union Schools will be closed for a teacher work day so it is a great way to take advantage of the day off. The bingo will be from 2-3 in the multi-purpose room.
• 100 YEARS: Join staff for some “scrumdiddlyumptious” fun at the Troy-Miami County Library, 419 W. Main St., Troy. Help celebrate 100 years of Ronald Dahl at 6:30 p.m. — eat some cake, make some crafts, and enjoy an “everlasting” good time with the entire family. Register at 339-0502, Ext. 123. For more information, call 339-0502, Ext. 133, or visit tmcpl.org.
• TENDERLOINS: The American Legion Post 586, Tipp City, will prepare Texas-size tenderloin sandwiches with fries for $5 starting at 6 p.m.
• RADIO CLUB: The Miami County Amateur Radio Club will meet at 7 p.m. at 728 Harrison St., Troy.
• OPTIMISTS MEET: The Troy Noon Optimist Club will meet at noon at LaPiazza.
• CENTER OPEN: The Pleasant Hill History Center, 8 E. Monument St., Pleasant Hill, is open from 3-7 p.m.
• TOASTMASTERS: The Miami County Toastmasters will meet from 7-8 p.m. at 6:45 p.m. at the Troy-Miami County Library, 419 W. Main St., Troy. Those interested in improving communication and leadership skills are welcome to attend.
• Tipp City Board of Education will meet at 6:30 p.m. at the board office, 90 S. Tippecanoe Drive. Call 667-8444 for more information.
• The Covington Street Committee will meet immediately following the regular council meeting.
• Brown Township Board of Trustees will meet at 8 p.m. in the Township Building in Conover.
• The Union Township Trustees will meet at 1:30 p.m. in the Township Building, 9497 Markley Road, P.O. Box E, Laura. Call 698-4480 for more information.
• CRAFTS: The Tipp City Seniors members and guests will be offered crafts and quilting at 9 a.m. at 320 S. First St., Tipp City.
• TINY TOTS: Tiny Tots meet from 1-1:30 p.m. at the Milton-Union Public Library in West Milton. This is an interactive opportunity for children from birth to 3 years old and their caretakers to hear stories, play games, sing songs, and do other activities with children’s librarian Wendy Heisey.
• MEDICARE PROGRAM: Victoria Jurovic, an Ohio Senior Health Insurance Information Program (OSHIIP) Community Liaison, will present a Medicare Update Program from 2-4 p.m. at the YWCA Piqua, 418 N. Main St. Jurovic will answer questions about traditional Medicare, Medicare Advantage (HMOs, PPOs and PFFSs) along with Medicare Prescription Drug Coverage (Part D) before the beginning of the insurance enrollment time which is Oct. 15-Dec. 7. The program is free and open to the public. YWCA membership not required. Register by calling (937) 773-6626.
• BOARD MEETING: The Miami County Park District will hold its next board of commissioners meeting at 9 a.m. A work session will begin at 8 a.m. The meeting will be at Lost Creek Reserve located at 2645 E. State Route 41, east of Troy. For more information, contact 335-6273.
• BARBERSHOP MEETING: The Miami Shelby Chapter of the Barbershop Harmony Society meets every Tuesday at 7 p.m. at the Greene Street UMC, 415 W. Greene St., Piqua. All men interested in singing are welcome and visitors are always welcome. For more information, call (937) 778 1586 or visit www.melodymenchorus.org.
• The village of West Milton Council will have its workshop meeting at 7 p.m. in the council chambers.
• MEET THE CHEF: Meet Piqua Manor Chef Ben Davis during a demo from noon to 1 p.m. featuring rosemary and garlic pork loin with roasted red potatoes and carrots, followed by bananas Foster for dessert, at Piqua Manor, 1840 W. High St. RSVP by Sept. 23 to Stacy Martin at (937) 726-4778.
• LINE DANCING: Line dancing will be offered at 10 a.m. for Tipp City Seniors members and guests at 320 S. First St., Tipp City.
• KIWANIS MEETING: The Piqua Kiwanis will meet at noon at The Bistro Room, 1876 Commerce Drive, Piqua. Meet the New Salvation Army Corp officers and a summary of the youth summer lunch program will be offered by Robert and Jody Kramer. For more information, call Brian Phillips at 778-1586 or visit www.freewebs.com/piquakiwanis/.
• KIWANIS CLUB: Kiwanis Club of Troy will welcome Scott Hornberger, owner of Troy Community Radio 107.1 FM WTJN, as he will be speaking about all of the fun new stuff going on at TCR. Lunch meeting starts at noon at the Troy Country Club.
• STORY TIME: Parents and their child are invited to join staff for storytime at 1 p.m. at the Oakes-Beitman Memorial Library, 12 N. Main St., Pleasant Hill; your child will enjoy a variety of stories, songs, fingerplays and crafts as they build early literacy skills and develop a love of reading. For children ages birth to 5 years old. Registration is requested. Call (937) 676-2731 for more information or to register your child.
• AFTER SCHOOL: Join staff after school at the Oakes-Beitman Memorial Library, 12 N. Main St. This event is for kids in grades 4-8, at 3 p.m. every other Wednesday, and includes an after school snack. Come for a creative time making crafts or playing games. Each week is different. Call the library at (937) 676-2731 to register.
• STORY TIME: “Ducks” are the theme in this week’s Story Time at Milton-Union Public Library. Story time will begin at 10:30 a.m. and at 1:30 p.m. at the library. Stories, crafts, games and puppet shows are included in the activities for preschool children and their caretakers.
• SLIDERS: The American Legion Post 586, Tipp City, will offer John’s sliders, two for $2, with toppings and chips starting at 6 p.m.
• COUPON CLUB: The St. James Coupon Club will meet every week from 6-8 p.m. at St. James Episcopal Church, 200 W. High St., Piqua. Come, bring a friend, bring your coupons to work on, to share and trade, or just bring yourself if you are just getting started. For questions, call 773-1241.
• STAUNTON ALUMNI: The Staunton School alumni will meet at 11:30 a.m. on the second Wednesday at Frisch’s restaurant in Troy.
• LUNCHEON: The Tipp City Seniors members and guests will have a carry-in luncheon at noon at 320 S. First St., Tipp City.
• COVER TO COVER: Join staff for Cover to Cover at 4 p.m. at the Troy-Miami County Public Library, 419 W. Main St., Troy. Kids in grades 1-3 will explore various authors and illustrators through books, activities and crafts. An after school snack will be provided at each meeting. Additional sessions are scheduled on Oct. 13 and 27 and Nov. 10. For more information, call 339-0502, Ext. 123, or visit www.tmcpl.org.
• MORNINGS IN MOTION: Join Troy-Miami County Library staff from 10-11 a.m. for Mornings in Motion. Mornings in Motion will combine walking, early literacy and fun. Bring your children, a stroller and your walking shoes. Meet at McKaig and Race Park, 822 McKaig, or at the Troy library, 419 W. Main St.; this program is for all ages. In the event of inclement weather, the program will be modified and held in the multi-purpose room at the Troy library. For more information, call 339-0502, Ext. 123, or visit tmcpl.org.
• SENIOR SCAMS: A program on senior scams, sponsored by StoryPoint, will be offered from 11-12:30 p.m. at St. Patrick Catholic Church, 409 E. Main St., Troy. Learn how to protect yourself from scams. Lunch will be provided. To make a reservation, call 541-5182.
• CHICKEN SALAD: The American Legion Auxiliary Unit 586, Tipp City, will serve chicken salad sandwiches with chips for $4 and cookies two for 50 cents starting at 6 p.m. Euchre starts at 7 p.m. for $5.
• LECTURE SERIES: Russell Klingaman will kick off the 2016-2017 WACO Aviation Lecture Series with his lecture entitled “Wrights vs. Curtiss: The Patent Wars,” at 7 p.m. at the WACO Air Museum 1865 S. County Road 25-A, Troy. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. Admission is free. Klingaman is a partner at Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP and teaches Aviation Law at Marquette University Law School. For questions, call 335-9226 or visit www.wacoairmuseum.org.
• SEAFOOD DINNER: The Pleasant Hill VFW Post 6557, 7578 W. Fenner Road, Ludlow Falls, will offer a three-piece fried fish dinner, 21-piece fried shrimp, or a fish/shrimp combo with French fries and coleslaw for $7 from 6-7:30 p.m. Frog legs, when available, are $10.
• LUNCH ON THE LAWN: The Miami County Cattleman’s Association will offer Lunch on the Lawn from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. on the Miami Courthouse lawn, Troy. Meals will be $6 for a sirloin sandwich or $8 for a ribeye sandwich, and also includes chips, cookie, pop or bottled water.
• DINE TO DONATE: Applebee’s in Troy will donate a percentage of every bill to the Concord Elementary PTO from 11 a.m. to 1 a.m. Fliers must be presented a checkout, and can be found on the Concord Elementary PTO Facebook page or at the Troy-Miami County Public Library.
• MEATLOAF: The American Legion Post 586, Tipp City, will prepare meatloaf, scalloped potatoes, baked beans, salad and dessert for $8 starting at 6 p.m. There will be live music.
• ALL YOU CAN EAT SPAGHETTI: Troy Post 43 Baseball will offer an all-you-can eat spaghetti dinner at the Legion Hall, 622 S. Market St., Troy, with spaghetti, salad bar, bread, dessert and drinks. Adults $7.75, children under 13 $4. Public invited.
• BIGFOOT IN OHIO: Join staff at 1 p.m. at the Troy-Miami County Public Library, 419 W. Main St., Troy, for Bigfoot in Ohio, presented by the Ohio Night Stalkers. Particiants will see footprint castings, hear audio recordings and firsthand accounts of encounters. Mike Miller and Michael Feltner, founders of Ohio Night Stalkers, will be here to tell participants about their experiences. Be sure to check out their Facebook page at Ohio Night Stalkers. This program is open to all ages. For more information, call 339-0502, Ext. 117.
• BREAKFAST: The Pleasant Hill United Church of Christ will hold a pancake and sausage breakfast from 8-11 a.m. Donations will be accepted for the church organ repair. The menu includes all-you-can-eat pancakes, sausage, scrambled eggs, toast, juice, and coffee, tea, or milk. The church is located one block west of the intersection of State Routes 48 and 718. Contact the church office at (937) 676-3193 for more information.
• SHARE-A-MEAL: The First United Church of Christ’s Share-A-Meal will be from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Bring your family and friends for a warm meal and fellowship. The menu will include chili, sandwiches, cake and beverages. Use the Canal Street entrance where we are handicapped accessible.
• STEAK AND CHICKEN: A steak and chicken fry will be offered beginning at 6 p.m. at the Troy Fish and Game. The band Cotton will perform for the evening.
• CHICKEN AND PORK CHOPS: The Bradford Lions will offer barbecue chicken and pork chop dinners, carryout only, with pickup from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Clark’s Pizza in Bradford. Tickets are $7 presale from any Bradford Lions or Lioness members, at both Bradford banks, and Littman-Thomas Insurance, Bradford location. You may also call Joanne Ferree (620-7225) or Kathy Myers (448-2667) by the ticket deadline purchase date of Sunday, Sept 25. Proceeds will go toward purchase of eye exams and glasses, recognition of Bradford students, and other ongoing Bradford Club projects.
• LIFE CHAIN: Life Chain 2016, sponsored by Miami County Right to Life, will be from 2-3 p.m. at the Miami County Courthouse, Troy, and will spread out along Main Streey. There will be stations distrubuting signs.
• CONFERENCES: Milton-Union High School’s parent-teacher conferences will be held from 4-7 p.m. Mid-terms will be distributed. Call 884-7940 to schedule an appointment.
• MOVE AND GROOVE: Join staff at 6:30 p.m. for ”Move and Groove” at the Troy-Miami County Public Library. Children and caregivers will enjoy 30 minutes of various activities which include music and movement; this program is for children ages 2-6. Additional “Move and Groove” sessions are scheduled on Oct. 17 and Nov. 7. For more information call 339-0502, Ext. 123, or visit tmcpl.org.
• MOMS AND TOTS: The Miami County Park District will hold its Trailing Moms & Tots program on October 3 from 10 a.m. to noon at Charleston Falls Preserve, 2535 Ross Road, south of Tipp City. This program is for expectant mothers, mothers and tots 0 to five years of age. Participants can socialize, play and exercise during this walk. There may even be craft time. Be sure to dress for the weather. Register for the program by sending an email to email@example.com, going to the program calendar at www.MiamiCountyParks.com or calling (937) 335-6273, Ext. 109.