(NAPSI) — When it comes to getting a good deal on home cooling and heating, an increasing number of homeowners are going underground.
They’re turning to geothermal heating and cooling as an alternative—for five very good reasons.
1. Efficiency and savings: Geothermal systems use the energy already stored in the earth and offer savings in the range of some 75 percent a year. Plus, you’re not left vulnerable to volatility in the fossil fuel market or delivery prices.
2. Convenience: There’s no waiting for fuel deliveries or running out of fuel at an inconvenient time. Unlike other renewable technologies such as solar or wind, geothermal heat pumps work year-round and day and night, regardless of outdoor conditions, and they require less space.
3. Durability: Geothermal heat pumps have about a 25-year life span, while the underground piping system that accesses the underground energy can last more than 100 years before needing to be replaced. Fossil-fuel furnaces, however, generally have to be replaced after 15 years or so.
4. Rebates: In many places, government and utility rebates are available to homeowners who install heat pumps.
5. Versatility: Unlike traditional systems, a single geothermal unit from WaterFurnace — which manufactures and sells more geothermal systems for homes than anyone else — can provide both heating and cooling. Some can even heat water. In certain cases, this can mean up to 70 percent savings on utility bills.
For further facts, see www.waterfurnace.com/switch.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU