TROY — Troy Police Department charged one male with possession of heroin and drug abuse instruments after he overdosed at a Troy apartment complex Saturday.
According to reports, an officer responded to 580 Staunton Commons Dr. in reference to a heroin overdose around 10:30 p.m. Saturday. Upon arrival, Troy medics were on scene and administering care to an unresponsive male, identified as Nick Brown, 22, of Troy, upstairs by the bathroom.
According to the reporting party, Nick works with her son and had recently been kicked out of his home. She stated she had allowed Nick to live with them for about two weeks under the condition that he kept his job and did not do any drugs in the residence. Nick’s friend Jessy, 22, of Troy, was in the other room, and when he came out, he found Nick unresponsive on the floor. Jessy realized Nick had overdosed and began CPR.
Troy medics administered Narcan to Nick, and minutes later, he became responsive. Officers located a used syringe laying on the floor next to the toilet.
While talking to Nick at the hospital, he admitted that he had used “one or two” caps of heroin. Officers asked Nick to be more specific, and he stated he had used two caps. Nick said he had been clean for several weeks, however he relapsed that day. Nick stated he purchased the heroin from “a random guy in Dayton” earlier that day, but would not provide any further information.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU