MIAMI COUNTY — The Miami County YMCA is offering new fitness classes this fall starting Aug. 29. Registration starts Aug. 15 for members. There are classes to fit every schedule. All classes are free for YMCA Health Center Members.
• TRX Power Circuit — Tuesday/Thursday 12:10-12:50 p.m. and 4:35-5:15 p.m.
Take advantage of the new warrior room and utilize the new equipment including the TRX, kettle bells, sandbags, ViPR logs, PLYO boxes and warrior ropes.
• BARRE Connect — Monday/Wednesday 5:30-6:15 p.m.
Participants will “connect” the components of ballet and dance technique, yoga, strength exercises and cardio in a fun total body workout.
• Spin & Lift — Tuesday/Thursday 5:45-6:45 p.m.
A combination of group cycling and strength training with free weights. Burn calories while toning your muscles.
• Cardio Line Dancing with Diamond — Tuesday/Thursday 10-11 a.m.
Line dance your way into shape with an hour of moving and grooving. This class is for all ages and fitness levels.
• PULSE — Monday/Wednesday/Friday 5:30-6:15 p.m.
Routines are easy to follow and participants are encouraged to work at their own pace. Workout includes aerobic conditioning, strength training, balance and abdominal work.
• HIIT Express and Stretch & Core; Monday/Wednesday 6:15-6:45 a.m., Friday 6-6:45 a.m.
HIIT Express is designed to build endurance and burn fat in a short amount of time. Push yourself to the limits with this high-intensity workout. Stretch & Core will use yoga and mat work to focus on stretching the body while adding toning moves to strengthen the core.
• Mind & Body Saturdays — Saturday 9-10 a.m.
Classes will alternate between Pilates, core power yoga, BARRE and Stretch & Core. Schedules will be posted at the YMCA. Look for “hot” yoga in the pool area with Stand Up Paddle (SUP) Board Yoga practice.
• Zumba Kids — Saturday 10:15-11 a.m. on Sept. 10, 24; Oct. 8, 29; Nov. 12, 26; Dec. 10
A fun fitness program designed for kids 4-12 years. Combines high-energy movements with ZUMBA rhythms for a safe, effective and fun workout.
To see a complete listing of all classes and prices, pick up a brochure at the YMCA or check out the complete class schedule online at www.miamicountyymca.net.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU