Chat & Chew at Pleasant Hill Library

PLEASANT HILL — Don’t know what to read next? Or maybe you can’t wait to share a book you just read? Come enjoy an open book discussion — chat about books and chew on a yummy snack at 6 p.m., Monday, March 20, at the Pleasant Hill library. We will be eating, drinking, sharing, and inspiring each other’s next book choice.

For more information, please call the Oakes-Beitman Memorial Library in Pleasant Hill at (937) 676-2731. The Oakes-Beitman Memorial Library is located at 12 N. Main St.

Blood drive set

TIPP CITY — Voss Honda Tipp City will celebrate spring and everything Irish by hosting a community blood drive Friday, March 24, from 10 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. The Community Blood Center Bloodmobile will be at 155 S. Garber Drive.

Everyone who registers to donate will receive the CBC “Kiss Me – I Donate Blood” St. Patrick’s Day t-shirt. Donors are encouraged to schedule an appointment online at or call 1-800-388-GIVE.

Weather Spotter training offered

PIQUA — A National Weather Service Weather Spotter training class will be held Monday March 27, 2017 . The class is being sponsored jointly by the Emergency Management Agencies of Miami and Shelby Counties.

You do not have to be a Spotter to attend. Anyone interested in weather is invited to attend. There is no minimum age limit.

Class starts at 6:30 p.m. and lasts approximately two hours. Class will be held in the Hartzell Lecture Hall at the Upper Valley Career Center, 8811 Career Drive, Piqua. Park behind the building and use the rear entrance. Registration begins at 6 p.m., early registration is not require.

There is no charge to attend the class. For more information about being a Weather Spotter or attending the class, go to, or call Art Blackmore at (937) 332 – 8561 or Cheri Drinkwine at (937) 492 – 5635.

West Milton tax help available

WEST MILTON — Need help filing your city taxes? West Milton city tax help will be available at the city building on March 28 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. and March 29 from 4-7 p.m.

Please bring your W-2 forms and any other taxable income documents.