CONCORD TWP. — Concord Township’s 2017 leaf pick-up service begins Monday. Three rounds of collection have been set for each zone. The following pick-up dates have been scheduled:
• Zone 1: Oct. 10, 23, and Nov. 8 — Kiser Lane, Woodridge Drive, Norbert Drive, Dorothy Lane, Barnhart Road (north of St. Rt. 55), Jillane, Westwood Road, Woodlawn Subdivision, and Lakeshore Subdivision.
• Zone 2: Oct. 11, 25, and Nov. 13 — Barnhart Road (south of St. Rt. 55), Canterbury Court, Concord Woods Subdivision, Black Oak Drive, Conwood Drive, Swailes Run Subdivision, and Creekwood Subdivision.
• Zone 3: Oct. 12, 30, and Nov. 15 — Shenandoah Subdivision, Cedar Ridge Subdivision, Home Acres, Timber Lane, Diana Drive.
• Zone 4: Oct. 16, Nov. 1, and 20 — Merrimont Subdivision, Broken Woods Subdivision,
• Zone 5: Oct. 18, Nov. 6, and 27 — Broken Woods Village, Saxony Woods Subdivision, Rosewood, Stonewood, Vista Ridge, Windmere, Carrousel, Boone Hill Subdivision.
All leaves must be out by 7:30 a.m. on the date listed for your area. The staff will then move through the designated zone until it is finished. Fridays will be kept free for catching up, if needed.
Please do not mix brush and limbs in with the leaves. Brush is disposed in a completely different way and limbs cannot be vacuumed into our leaf collection boxes.
Leaves should be raked one foot away from the curb onto the street to allow drainage in the gutters. For streets without curbs, leaves must be as close to the road as possible. Please do not rake leaves around mail boxes, trees, etc. Vehicles should be removed from the streets on collection dates. Foreign objects and limbs must be kept out of the leaves. Please have leaves out ready for pick-up on the first day of the two-day pick-up scheduled in the zone. If leaves fall late, the staff will make one more round to each zone between December 4 and December 8, weather permitting.
Township residents who do not live along the planned routes or in a less populated area can request leaf pick up by calling 339-1492. For more details on this and many other issues, please check our web site concord-township.com.