Last updated: July 17. 2014 2:02PM - 841 Views
By Melody Vallieu

Story Tools:

Font Size:

Social Media:

Information provided by the Miami County Sheriff’s Office:

July 4

DUS: A deputy stopped a vehicle for a speed violation at State Route 66 and Hardin Rd., Piqua. The deputy identified the driver as, Timothy Perry and explained why the deputy had stopped him. Mr. Perry handed the deputy an Ohio ID card so the deputy ran him through the data system. The deputy found that Mr. Perry’s Ohio driving privileges were suspended. He was issued a citation for speed and driving under suspension. He was then released and the registered owner drove the vehicle away.

DUS: A deputy observed the listed vehicle at the intersection of Market and Stoneyridge. As the deputy passed, the driver looked away, possibly trying to avoid being identified. The deputy ran the plate of the vehicle through the data system and saw that it had been stopped two days ago as well as a month ago. The driver and registered owner was under suspension. The driver description matched that of the registered owner who was still under suspension. The deputy initiated a stop on the vehicle and made contact with the driver, Cari Beth Whitt. She stated she knew she was under suspension but shouldn’t be. She stated the court had messed up paperwork causing the BMV to suspend her license. Cari was cited for driving under suspension and given a court date. A licensed driver picked her up and removed the vehicle.

DUS: A deputy initiated a stop on a vehicle at Concord and Michigan, in Troy, and made contact with the driver, Joseph Hawkins. Joseph confirmed he was under suspension. He was issued a citation and a court date. His vehicle was parked along the roadway and he walked home.

July 5

MAN TASED IN FIELD: A deputy was dispatched to a disorderly persons in the 3000 block of S. St. Rt 48, West Milton. The reporting party stated that the male, Kyle West, was intoxicated and refusing to leave the property and wanting to fight everyone.

Upon arriving in the area, she stated that the male took off running through a bean field to try and get away. She pointed to the deputy the direction that he was running and her boyfriend was trying to get him to stop. The deputy located the male hiding under some brush and was refusing to come out or show his hands. The deputy placed the male at taser point until another officer could arrive on scene. Officer Daley from West Milton Police Department arrived on scene and the male crawled out from under the bushes. The deputy placed the male into handcuffs and asked him what was going on. The deputy could tell that the male was highly intoxicated by his answers and his very strong odor of alcohol coming from his persons. The deputy spoke with the reporting party and witnesses. They stated that the male came to their house intoxicated and was wanting to fight people after drinking a few drinks. They stated that they thought the male had left but later located him passed out in their back yard. They stated they woke the male, Kyle West, up and he became belligerent with them. They stated that Kyle was trying to fight another male, but never hit him.

They stated that a short time before the deputy’s arrival, Kyle took off running across State Route 48 and ran through a bean field to the area that the deputy had located him.

Union Township medic responded to the scene to check Kyle for injuries and he refused treatment. Kyle was cited for disorderly while intoxicated and turned over to his mother.

DEPUTY ASSISTS CHOKING WOMAN: A deputy responded to the 5000 block of W. Monroe-Concord Rd. reference a report of an elderly female who was choking. Dispatch advised CPR was in progress.

Upon arrival, the deputy observed the elderly female, identified as Marianna Davidson laying on her back. A female was doing chest compressions and a male was giving the rescue breaths. After observing two cycles of CPR, the deputy checked for a pulse. A faint pulse was located but Davidson was not breathing. Her lips were blue and cold to the touch.

The deputy took over chest compressions and the male continued rescue breaths. After two more cycles, the deputy checked her pulse and it felt stronger. The male advised food came out of her mouth and she was breathing. Her color came back and Union Township Life Squad arrived on scene. Union Township transported her to Upper Valley Medical Center.

All user comments are subject to our Terms of Service. Users may flag inappropriate comments.
comments powered by Disqus

Featured Businesses


Info Minute

Gas Prices

Troy Gas Prices provided by GasBuddy.com