* HALL OF FAME: The Trojan Athletics Hall of Fame indcution and banquet will be held Aug. 30 in the Crystal Room in Troy. The inductions and celebration will begin at 6 p.m. Tickets are now available for the event. They can be purchased at the Troy High School Athletic Offiece, Shipman, Dixon and Livingston Law Office and the Lincoln Community Center. Tickets are $40 for individual ticket, while tables of six to eight also are available. For more information, call John Terwilliger at (937) 339-2113.
* SOCCER: The Troy High School boys soccer alumni game will be at 5 p.m. Saturday night at Troy Memorial Stadium. It is the final scrimmage of the season for this year’s Trojan boys team as they will play against alumni from the past. Troy boys soccer alumni are invited to come play in the game. For more information, contact Troy boys coach Richard Phillips.
* COACHING SEARCH: Bradford High School is searching for a head varsity high school football coach. Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume and at least three references to Athletic Director Dusty Yingst at Dusty_Yingst@darke.k12.oh.us or 750 Railroad Ave., Bradford, Ohio, 45308. For more information, call (937) 448-6575. The application deadline is today.
* BOWLING: Individual ladies and teams are needed for an afternoon trio bowling league. The league begins on Aug. 19. Call Troy Bowl at 339-3315 or Helen Smith at 335-6892 for more information.
* HOCKEY: Registrations are now being accepted for the Troy Recreation Department Youth Hockey Initiation Program, held at Hobart Arena. This introduction program is for youth ages 5–10 years old. The program begins in mid-September and runs through early March. The program includes approximately one practice each week for 50 minutes. An equipment rental program is available. For more information and to register online please visit www.hobartarena.com on the “Registrations” page or contact the Recreation Department at 339-5145.
* LOCAL SCHEDULE
Troy, Tippecanoe, Covington, Piqua at Greenville Invitational (8 a.m.)
Milton-Union at Brookville Invitational (8 a.m.)
Bethel at Ansonia (10 a.m.)
Troy Christian at Carroll (4 p.m.)
Troy, Tippecanoe, Covington at Versailles Invitational (8:30 a.m.)
Northmont at Troy (4:30 p.m.)
Milton-Union at Oakwood (11 a.m.)
West Carrollton at Piqua (4:30 p.m.)
Lehman at Kenton Ridge (4:30 p.m.)
Covington at Eaton (6 p.m.)
Bethel at Parkway (7 p.m.)
Milton-Union at Northridge Invitational (8 a.m.)
Piqua at Tri-Village (4 p.m.)
Lehman at Houston (8 a.m.)
Covington at New Bremen (10 a.m.)
Tippecanoe at Lehman (4:30 p.m.)
Piqua at Celina (4:30 p.m.)
Reynoldsburg at Troy (10 a.m.)