PIQUA — Brides-to-be, along with their fiances and families, will find everything they need to plan the perfect wedding, and they won’t have to spend lots of time and money to do it.
All they have to do is visit the ninth annual Weddings of Distinction Bridal Show at the Fort Piqua Plaza, 308 N. Main St., Piqua, on Sunday.
The Sidney Daily News, Troy Daily News and Piqua Daily Call sponsor the event annually as a one-stop-shop for wedding-planning couples. This year’s show runs from noon to 4 p.m. on the fourth floor of the plaza. Admission is $5.
The Bridal Emporium, of Wapakoneta, will stage a fashion show at 1:15 p.m. to showcase gowns, tuxedoes and accessories.
“Once again we are pleased to present Weddings of Distinction, the area’s premier wedding-planning event, featuring vendors from Shelby, Miami and Auglaize counties. The event will be held at the beautiful Fort Piqua Hotel. You’ll find everything you need for your perfect day including, gowns, cakes, venues, caterers, door prizes and much, much more! We hope to see you there,” said Karen Brown, group revenue manager of Sidney Daily News, Troy Daily News and Piqua Daily Call.
Nearly 30 area vendors will be on hand to offer advice and information. And each one has provided something special as a door prize. The door prizes will be awarded throughout the event.
Businesses registered at press time to participate in Weddings of Distinction include the following:
• Disc jockeys: Absolute Audio, DJ Gary Jones, Party Pleasers Services.
• Attire and accessories: April’s Bridal and Prom Palace, The Bridal Emporium.
• Venues: Fort Piqua Plaza, Piqua Country Club, Troy Country Club, Comfort Inn-Piqua.
• Caterers and bakers: Brittney’s Cakes, Lee’s Famous Recipe, The Cakery, Eloquence Catering, Mrs. B’s Catering, Coldwater Cafe, Heritage Event & Catering.
• Florists: Lasting Impressions, GeNell’s Flowers.
• Photographers: Photography Lane, Childers Photography.
• Gifts and services: Journey Salon, It Works, Younique, LA Tan, Mary Kay, Kalligraphy by Kimberly.