• STORY TIME: Children ages 4-5 and parents are invited to come and enjoy stories, crafts, and a puppet show at 10:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. at the Milton-Union Public Library.
• KIWANIS: Executive director Karen Wendeln of the Piqua Community Foundation will speak during the Piqua Kiwanis luncheon at Grace Methodist Church, 9411 N. County Road 25-A, Piqua. For more information, call Brian Phillips at 778-1586 or visit www.freewebs.com/piquakiwanis/
• MEETING: The Concord Township Board of Trustees will meet at 10 a.m. at the Concord Township Memorial Building, 1150 Horizon West Court, Troy.
• PERI MEETING: The Miami County Chapter of Ohio Public Employee Retirees will meet at 11:30 a.m. Dec. 6 at St. John’s Lutheran Church, 248 Wood St., Piqua. Enter parking lot from Downing Street. Lunch is $10, payable at the door. Lunch reservations needed by today by calling Beth at 335-2771. The featured speaker will be Ohio Senator Bill Beagle. This meeting is open to any retired or currently employed Ohio public employee.
• SLIDERS: The Tipp City American Legion Post 586 will be offering two sliders with toppings and chips for $2 beginning at 6 p.m.
• STATE OF THE STATE: The Miami County Chambers of Commerce will offer the State of the State Legislative Update Breakfast with State Senator Bill Beagle and State Representative Steve Huffman to discuss 2017 state legislative issues. Registration and a continental breakfast will begin at 7:30 a.m. at the Fort Piqua Plaza, 308 N. Main St., Piqua, fourth floor, and the program will begin at 8 a.m.
• TACO SALAD: Enjoy a taco salad at the Tipp City American Legion Post 586. Serving begins at 6 p.m. for $5. Stay and play Euchre at 7 p.m. for $5.
• CHICKEN FRY: The Pleasant Hill VFW Post 6557, 7578 W. Fenner Road, Ludlow Falls, will offer a chicken dinner with French fries and macaroni salad for $7 and up from 6-7:30 p.m. Chicken livers are also available.
• SOUP: The Troy Fish & Game will offer vegetable soup beginning at 6 p.m.
• FISH OR CHICKEN: The Tipp City American Legion Post 586, 377 N. Third St., will be serving fish and/or chicken tenders, french fries, hush puppies, coleslaw and dessert beginning at 6 p.m. Adults $8 and children 10 and under for $4.
• HOLIDAY OPEN HOUSE: A hometown holiday family tradition at Troy-Hayner Cultural Center, with ballet at 1 p.m., with Madcap puppet shows at 2 and 3 p.m., and refreshments and crafts all day. Santa Claus will visit from 2-4:45 p.m. Admission is free, but free tickets are required for puppet show and can be picked up at the Hayner beginning at 9 a.m. on the day of the event.
• CHRISTMAS IN THE VILLAGE: A holiday tour of decorated homes in downtown Tipp City will be from noon to 5 p.m. Tickets are $20 in advance or $25 the day of the tour. Each home will be decorated in unique holiday style with the contributions of local designers. For more information or to purchase tickets, visit ww.tippchristmas.com.
• TENDERLOINS: The Pleasant Hill VFW Post 6557, 7578 W. Fenner Road, Ludlow Falls, will offer fried or grilled pork tenderloin sandwiches with homemade French fries for $6 from 5-7:30 p.m.
• SPAGHETTI DINNER: Troy Post 43 Baseball will have an all-you-can-eat spaghetti dinner from 3-7 p.m. at the Legion Hall, 622 S. Market St., Troy. The meal will include spaghetti, salad bar, bread, dessert and drinks. Meals are $8 each and $4.50 for children 12 and younger.
• BAND: The Troy High School Jazz Band will per from from 4-5 p.m. at the Miami Valley Centre Mall, Piqua.
• TACO WING: The Troy Fish & Game will offer taco wings beginning at 6 p.m.
• COOKIE SHOPPE: Homemade holiday cookies and candy will be sold by the pound at the Christmas Cookie Shoppe from 9 a.m. to noon at the First Place Christian Center, 16 W. Franklin St., Troy. The event is being sponsored by the Troy United Methodist Women. The proceeds will be given to local charities. For more information, call the First United Methodist Church at 335-2826.
• ARTS & CRAFTS: Don’t miss Brukner Nature Center’s annual Winter Arts & Crafts Show from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Come discover hundreds of one-of-a-kind handmade items created by talented local artisans. Bring the whole family and explore the wildlife exhibits, take a hike through the woodlands and bird watch in the third story Tree-top Vista then relax with a bird-friendly cup of coffee and homemade piece of pie. Embrace the season of giving and support the center’s mission by purchasing raffle tickets for a chance to win items donated by the artisans. All proceeds from this event benefit the wildlife programs. Free and open to the public, please carpool.
• SHARE A MEAL: Join members at First United Church of Christ, 120 S. Market St., Troy, for the monthly Share A Meal at 11:30 a.m. The menu will include ham, scalloped potatoes, green beans, cornbread, cookies, fruit and beverages. Carry-outs will be available at 12:30 p.m., as quantities last. This program is free to anyone wishing to participate and are in need of a warm nourishing meal. Use the Canal Street entrance where the church is handicapped accessible.
• KARAOKE: Karaoke at the Tipp City American Legion Post 586 begins at 7 p.m.
• SEASONAL EXHIBIT: Hayner’s holiday décor will fill the house this season with over 20 decorators adorning every room in the three-story mansion as well as the courtyard. The theme for this year’s décor is “The Carols of Christmas.” The exhibit, which runs through Jan. 7, is free.
• HOLIDAY DECOR GRAND OPENING: The grand opening of the décor at Hayner takes place from 1-5 p.m., and will include refreshments and music in the East Room all day including Troy High School’s Troy Tones. This group of over 20 dedicated high school students is a bright beginning to this happy holiday celebration. Admission is free.
• TREE LIGHTING: The village of Casstown Christmas tree lighting will be from 4-6 p.m at Veteran’s Park on Main Street, Casstown. The event will include children’s ornament decorating at Casstown UMC, 102 Center St., Casstown, beginning at 4 p.m. The tree lighting will be at 6 p.m. at the park and caroling for those who wish to participate. Santa will make an appearance as well.
• BREAKFAST: Come and enjoy a full breakfast cooked to order at the Tipp City American Legion Post 586, 377 N. Third St. Serving is from 8-11 a.m. and is open to the public. Meals are $7 adults and $3 children. There will be a bluegrass jam session from 2-5 p.m. with food available from 1-3:30 p.m.
• CONCERT: Sounds of the Holidays, an annual concert by the Piqua Civic Band, will be at 3 p.m. at Westminster Presbyterian Church, 325 W. Ash St., Piqua. Brett Poling will conduct, and the concert will also feature Alicia Norris, vocalist.
• CONCERT: The Tippecanoe Community Band will offer its second concert of the season, Sounds of the Season, at 7 p.m. at the First United Church of Christ, 120 S. Market St., Troy, in the sanctuary. Music will include sacred favorites, carol singing and popular favorites from animated classics such as “Frosty,” “Charlie Brown,” and “Rudolph.” Parking and handicapped entrance are on the south entrance to the church.
• BREAKFAST: The Piqua VFW, 8756 N. County Road 25-A, will serve breakfast from 8-11 a.m. Participants will order from the menu.
• OPEN HOUSE: The Museum Of Troy History will hold an open house from 4-8 p.m. in conjunction with the Overfield Tavern Museum Holiday Dinner. The Museum of Troy History is located at 124 E. Water St. in an 1847 house with rooms furnished in mid-1800 to mid-1900 style. The museum parlor will feature vintage ornaments on a fir tree and a feather tree, a 1900 parlor piano, and 1900 reed pump organ. Vintage and antique children toys such as dolls, doll houses, toy train, cast iron toys, and ice skates will be on display through out the museum. Three of the late John Lafferty’s miniature buildings will also be on display. These include a Victorian house, church, and general store. The open house and refreshments are free and open to the public.
• TREE TRIMMING: Join staff for the annual tree trimming party at 6:30 p.m. at the Troy-Miami County Public Library. Enjoy a festive evening with family and friends. Make two ornaments — one for the library’s tree and one for yours. Refreshments will be served. This program is open to all ages. Registration is required at 339-0502, Ext. 121. or visit www.tmcpl.org.
• BLOOD DRIVE: The Covington Fraternal Order of Eagles and Community Blood Center are teaming up for a community blood drive from 3-7 p.m. in the Aerie meeting room, 715 East Broadway St. The “Buckeye Blood Donor” football T-shirt is free to everyone who registers to donate. Schedule an appointment online at www.DonorTime.com or call (800) 388-GIVE.
• HAMBURGERS: Hamburgers with chips will be offered at the Tipp City American Legion Post 586. Serving begins at 6 p.m. for $5.
• CLASS LUNCH: the Piqua Catholic class of 1953 will meet at noon at the Covington Eagles.
• VETERANS BREAKFAST: The Miami Valley Veterans Museum will host local attorney Elizabeth Durnell during is veterans breakfast at 9 a.m. at 107 W. Main St, Troy. She will address concerns and issues in the event of serious accident or illness at any time of life. Coffee and doughnuts will be offered and an elevator is available. Visit http://miamivalleyveteransmuseum.com/ for more information.
• WINTER BIRD COUNT: Come join the BNC staff and Bird Club members for a morning hike as they conduct the annual survey of birds found at BNC from 8:30-11:30 a.m. This data provides valuable information on population trends, enabling us to better manage this beautiful nature preserve. Over the past several years, participants have spotted over 30 species including hermit thrushes, fox sparrows and brown creepers. Meet at 8:30 a.m. in the Interpretive Building, divide into groups and head out onto the trails. Meet back at the center for a hot lunch and to tally results. Please bring a dish to share for lunch — soup and coffee provided. Register by calling 698-6493, in case changes are necessary due to inclement weather.
• SKATING NIGHT: The Western Ohio Thrivent Community will host the Second annual Family Fun Skating Night to benefit the Bethany Center from 6-9 p.m. at Piqua 36 Skate Club. Participants also can help pack meal kits for less fortunate families this evening, the meal kit contents will be provided. Skate rental and admission is free. For a reservation or for more information, call 778-1353 or email@example.com.
• KIWANIS: The Piqua Kiwanis will have a new evening meeting at Buffalo Wings and Rings, 989 E. Ash St., from 5:30-7 p.m. There will be no lunch meeting. For more information, call Brian Phillips at 778-1586 or visit www.freewebs.com/piquakiwanis/
• SLIDERS: Two sliders with toppings and chips for $2 will be served at the Tipp City American Legion Post 586 beginning at 6 p.m.
• CHESS CLUB: Join others for a game of chess at 6:30 p.m. at the Troy-Miami County Public Library. All ages and skill levels are welcome, even those who have never played. For more information, call 339-0502, Ext. 127, or visit www.tmcpl.org.
• BINGO: Free bingo will be offered from 9-10:30 a.m. at the Miami Valley Centre Mall, Piqua.
• DINE TO DONATE: Help support the wildlife at Brukner Nature Center by dining at Buffalo Wings & Rings, located at 989 E. Ash St., Piqua, from 5-8 p.m. Buffalo Wings & Rings will donate 15 percent of the food bill when you dine-in or order carry-out. Fliers not needed for this event.
• EMPLOYEE LUNCH: All former employees of Piqua Memorial Hospital are invited to the luncheon at Buffalo Jacks, Covington, at 11:30 a.m. No reservations needed as participants will order from the menu. Come enjoy and renew old friendships. If any questions call Judy at (937) 214-2036 or Nancy at (937) 473-3337.
• PAINTING PARTY: A painting party — with a cat in winter theme — will be offered from 6-9 p.m. at the Piqua American Legion. The fee is $30, and proceeds will benefit Purrs in Piqua. To register, find Purrs in Piqua on Facebook or at purrsinpiqua.com.
• AUTHOR TO SPEAK: Local Author Carl Ellis the Bradford Public Library at 6 p.m. to discuss the three books he has written and highlighting “Bradford, Ohio Christmas Past: A Nostalgic Sampler.” The other two titles are, “Bradford, Ohio: Floating Orbs and a Sanitarium” and his latest publication, “Nate Iddings & Bradford, O.” Drinks and snacks will be provided. Attendees will be able to order the books on-site. Signing up in advance is requested.
• CHICKEN: The Tipp City American Legion Post 586 will be serving sweet and sour chicken over rice starting at 6 p.m. for $5. Stay and play Euchre at 7 p.m. for $5.
• CHRISTMAS SING-ALONG: To complement Hayner’s holiday exhibit theme, “The Carols of Christmas,” the center will host a Christmas sing-along in the Hayner Ballroom. Enjoy featured soloists and choirs, several Holiday decorating workshops, David Fair with holiday decorating tips and much more. The event lasts from 7-9 p.m. and admission is free.
• CHICKEN AND NOODLES: The Pleasant Hill VFW Post 6557, 7578 W. Fenner Road, Ludlow Falls, will offer chicken and noodles, mashed potatoes and a vegetable for $8 from 6-7:30 p.m.
• BELL CHOIR: The Riverside Developmental Disabilities Bell Choir will perform from 6-7 p.m. at the Miami Valley Centre Mall, Piqua.
• STEAK: The Troy Fish & Game will offer New York strip steaks beginning at 6 p.m.
• CONCERT: Christmas with the Littles will be offeed at 7 p.m. at First Baptist Church, 53 S. Norwich Road, Troy. Special guests will be The Branches. Entry will be $10 at the door. For more information, visit strictlygospel.org.
• HAM: Enjoy a home cooked meal of baked ham, scalloped potatoes, salad and dessert at the Tipp City American Legion Post 586. Serving starts at 6 p.m. for $8.
• FISH FRY: The Pleasant Hill VFW Post 6557, 7578 W. Fenner Road, Ludlow Falls, will offer an all-you-can-eat fish fry and smelt dinner with French fries, baked beans and applesauce for $9 from 5-7 p.m.
• PARTY: The Troy Fish & Game will offer an adult Christmas party beginning at 6 p.m. The band Hidden Assets will begin at 7:30 p.m.
• WINTER PARTY FOR WILDLIFE: Join staff for the annual Winter Party for the Wildlife from 2-4 p.m. The 50-plus wildlife ambassadors worked hard this year to educate thousands of people, so join staff as they celebrate the season with our wildlife friends. From 2-3 p.m., enjoy refreshments, games, make a treat for your wild friends and visit with wildlife ambassadors. From 3-4 p.m., enjoy a winter adventure along BNC’s trails. Admission to the event is a gift from the center’s “Wish List” just for the ambassadors. Check the list” at www.bruknernaturecenter.com or take a tag from the “Wishes for Wildlife” tree located in the main entrance of the Interpretive Building and return the tag with your designated gift.
• KARAOKE: Karaoke will begin at 7 p.m. at the Tipp City American Legion Post 586.
• AT HOME AT HAYNER: The DC Ensemble presents “Soulful Sounds of Christmas” a gospel concert hosted by Troy native, Dianne Coble, 7:30 p.m. at the Troy-Hayner Cultural Center. Admission is free and no reservation is required.
• EUCHRE TOURNAMENT: The Pleasant Hill VFW Post 6557, 7578 W. Fenner Road, Ludlow Falls, will have a Euchre tournament beginning at 1 p.m. for $3. Sign up at noon. Snacks available.
• BREAKFAST: The Troy Fish & Game will offer breakfast beginning at 8:30 a.m.
• BREAKFAST: A full breakfast is open to the public at the Tipp City American Legion Post 586, 377 N. Third St. Serving from 8-11 a.m. Adults $7, children 10 and under $3.
• SALAD BAR: Enjoy a salad bar or potato bar with plenty of toppings. The Tipp City American Legion Post 586 will begin serving at 6 p.m. $6 for both, or $3.50 for just one.
• MEMORY MATTERS CAFE: Enjoy the music of the season and a gourmet meal that will celebrate the holidays, and decorate a dozen cookies to take home and enjoy with family at StoryPoint Troy, 1840 Towne Park Drive, from 6-8 p.m. Memory Matters Cafe allows individuals to meet with new friends and join others who are learning, loving and living with memory loss. RSVP to (937) 541-5182 by two days before event.
• TOWN HALL: Officials from the Montgomery County Sheriff’s Department and the Montgomery County Drug-Free Coalition will host a “Right Now, Right Place” Town Hall Meeting at 7 p.m. at Ginghamsburg Church, 6759 S. County Road 25-A, Tipp City. Speakers will address the magnitude of the heroin/fentanyl epidemic in the area, highlight law enforcement initiatives to reduce the supply of drugs and discuss how residents can help combat the epidemic at this public event, designed to further the coalition’s mission of promoting a drug-free community.
• KIWANIS: The Piqua Kiwans Club will meet at noon at Grace Methodist Church, 9411 N. County Road 25-A, Piqua. The club will have a work meeting focusing on projects and club activities. For more information, call Brian Phillips at 778-1586 or visit www.freewebs.com/piquakiwanis/
• SLIDERS: The Tipp City American Legion Post 586 will be offering two sliders with toppings and chips for $2. Serving begins at 6 p.m.
• JAZZ BAND: The Miami East Jazz Band will perform from 7-8 p.m. at the Miami Valley Centre Mall, Piqua.
• OILS: Bradford Public Library will offer an Essential Oils Workshop at 6:30 p.m. Hannah Pennington will be offering a special holiday workshop entitled, “Secret Santa’s Soaks and Scrubs.” She will lead participants in in making two to four recipes using Essential Oils to pamper yourself or a lucky gift recipient. Participants will have a choice of recipes and will be able to wrap their creations for gift giving. The cost for two recipes will be $10, all four recipes will be $15. A hot cocoa bar and refreshments will be served. Class size is limited to 20 participants and a non-refundable payment will reserve your spot.
• HOT DOGS: Hot dogs, corn dogs, chips, French fries and onion rings will be offered at the Tipp City American Legion Post 586. Servings are individually priced and begins at 6 p.m.