• STORY TIME: “Canoes/Indians” are the theme in this week’s Story Time at Milton-Union Public Library. Story time will begin at 10:30 a.m. and at 1:30 p.m. at the library. Stories, crafts, games and puppet shows are included in the activities for children and their caretakers.
• OSU AND KARAOKE: Cheer for the Ohio State football team at the Tipp City American Legion Post 586. The social room will open at 11:30 a.m. Papa D will have karaoke at 7 p.m.
• OPEN HOUSE: Carol and Bruce Davidson are celebrating their 80th birthday on Nov. 27 at the Troy-Hayner Cultural Center, 301 W. Main St. Their children — Brent, Jill and Jodi — are having an open house from 2-5 p.m., and friends and family are invited to drop in.
• BREAKFAST: The Pleasant Hill VFW Post 6557, 7578 W. Fenner Road, Ludlow Falls, will offer made-to-order breakfasts ala cart from 8-10 a.m.
• ROCK HOUNDS: The Miami County Park District will hold its Naturalist Adventure Series “Rock Hounds” from 1-4 p.m. at Charleston Falls Preserve, 2535 Ross Road, south of Tipp City. Drop by to learn all about rocks. Participants can learn to identify different types of rocks and how they were formed. A roving naturalist will be on-site to answer questions and facilitate activity. Register for the program by going to the program calendar at MiamiCountyParks.com, emailing email@example.com or calling (937) 335-6273, Ext. 109.
• STORYBOOK TRAIL: The Miami County Park District will host the storybook trail program “If You Find A Rock” from 1-3 p.m. at Charleston Falls Preserve, 2535 Ross Road, south of Tipp City. Drop anytime during the program and read this storybook is set up along the trail. This Storybook Trail is part of the “Rock Hounds” Naturalist Adventure Series program. More information can be found on the park district website MiamiCountyParks.com.
• ALL-YOU-CAN-EAT-BREAKFAST: Tipp City Sons of the American Legion Squadron 586 will serve an all-you-can-eat-breakfast from 8-11 a.m. for $6. Items available will be eggs your way, bacon, sausage, toast, biscuits, sausage gravy, French toast, pancakes, waffles, home fries, cinnamon rolls, fruit and juices.
• LUNCH WITH GOD: St. James Episcopal Church, 200 W. High St., Piqua, will be serving Lunch with God from 12:30- 2 p.m. The meal is open and free to everyone.
• CRAFTY LISTENERS: The Crafty Listeners gather from 1-2:30 p.m. at the Milton-Union Public Library. This group of women listens to a lighthearted book while working on joint and individual craft projects. Both experienced crafters and those wanting to learn are welcome.
• BOOK DISCUSSION: Join others for a book discussion at the Troy-Miami County Public Library, 419 W. Main St., Troy, at 6:30 p.m. . Participants will be reading and discussing “The Big Burn” by Timothy Egan. The library’s adult book club usually meets at 6:30 p.m. on the fourth Monday of the month; they read a variety of fiction and nonfiction titles. For more information, call 339-0502, Ext. 120, or visit tmcpl.org.
• TROY NOON OPTIMISTS: Dr. Gary Wilber, superintendent of Troy Christian Schools, will speak at noon at LaPiazza.
• TEXAS TENDERLOIN: Come to the Tipp City American Legion Post 586 for a Texas-size tenderloin sandwich with toppings and fries for $5 starting at 6 p.m. Trivia at 6:30 p.m.
• CHAMBER CONCERT: A Drawing Room Chamber Concert with Western Ohio Tuba Quartet, hosted by Dr. Randall Paul, director of the Wright State University School of Music, will be at 7:30 p.m. at the Troy-Hayner Cultural Center. The ensemble performs a variety of musical styles, from arrangements of classical composers such as Gabrieli, Mozart, and Tchaikovsky, to modern American music, marches, and jazz. For more information, call 339-0457 or visit www.troyhayner.org.
• TINY TOTS: Tiny Tots meet from 11-11:30 a.m. at the Milton-Union Public Library in West Milton. This is an opportunity for children from birth to 3-years-old and their caretakers to hear developmentally appropriate stories, play games, sing songs, and do other activities with children’s librarian Wendy Heisey.
• DINNER: The Sons of the American Legion Post 43 will be serving pizzas, calzones and wings every Tuesday from 5:30-8 p.m.
• CRAFTS: The Tipp City Seniors members and guests will be offered crafts and quilting at 9 a.m. at 320 S. First St., Tipp City.
• AFTER SCHOOL: Join staff after school at the Oakes-Beitman Memorial Library, 12 N. Main St. This event is for kids in grades 4-8, at 3 p.m. every other Wednesday, and includes an after school snack. Come for a creative time making crafts or playing games. Each week is different. Call the library at (937) 676-2731 to register.
• LIVE NATIVITY: The annual Live Nativity Walk at Stillwater Community Church will take place from 6-8:30 p.m. at the church on Sugar Grove Road, between Covington and Pleasant Hill. With walks every half hour and five walks per night. Admission is free. The walk takes you back in time and tells the story of the birth of our Savior. Walk to the home of Mary; follow Mary to Elizabeth’s home; walk into the carpenter shop of Joseph; travel to the Inn; visit with the shepherds and listen as the angels announce the birth of Jesus; travel with the shepherds to the stable. After the walk, stay warm by the fire and enjoy some hot chocolate, cookies and fellowship.
• SHARE-A-MEAL: First United Church of Christ, 120 S. Market St., Troy, welcomes everyone from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. for a meal of pork tenderloin, potatoes, gravy, vegetables, pie and beverages. This program, held the first Saturday of each month, is the one of the church’s ways of reaching out to the community. Please use the Canal Street entrance, which is handicapped-accessible.
• GINGERBREAD HOUSE: The Second annual Gingerbread House event at the Oakes-Beitman Memorial Library in Pleasant Hill will run in in half-hour increments starting at 10:30 a.m. and ending at 2 p.m. Registration is required. Staff will have all of the supplies; just come ready to lick your fingers and add some goodies to make your gingerbread house as sweet as can be. To register, call the Pleasant Hill Library at 676-2731. The Oakes-Beitman Memorial Library is located at 12 N. Main St.
• COOKIE SHOPPE: Homemade holiday cookies and candy will be sold by the pound at the Christmas Cookie Shoppe from 9 a.m. to noon at the First Place Christian Center, 16 W. Franklin St., across from the Troy First United Methodist Church, sponsored by the Troy United Methodist Women. The proceeds will be donated to local charities. For more information, call the church at 335-2826.
• MOVIE NIGHT: Cyrene A.M.E. Church, 227 W. Ash St., Piqua, invites the public to join them for a night of movies and a hot bowl of chili for the cost of $5 a ticket at 2 p.m. The public can get tickets from members of Cyrene A.M.E. Church or call Estella Vaughan at (937) 552-7907.
• PANCAKES: The Pleasant Hill United Church of Christ will hold a Christmas all-you-can-eat pancake and sausage breakfast from 8-11 a.m. Donations, not required, of cash or food will be accepted for the Newton Food Pantry and Christmas Basket Program or the Organ Repair Fund. The menu includes pancakes, sausage, scrambled eggs, toast, juice, and coffee, tea, or milk. Contact the church office at (937) 676-3193 for more information.