TROY — Cherry Street Commons will be turned into an outdoor movie theater 0n Aug. 12 as area residents gather at Nort Cherry and West Water streets to view the comedy movie “Pee-wee’s Big Adventure” at dusk.
To provide for set-up and the safe viewing of the movie, North Cherry Street (West Main Street to West Water Street) will be closed after 3 a.m. Saturday.
Areas of the metered city parking lot on North Cherry Street will be closed after 3 a.m. Saturday as well.
Prior to the movie, a host of other family activities will be offered, including:
• Family fun activities will start at 6 p.m. at Treasure Island Park. Families are encouraged to park at Hobart Arena and then bike to Treasure Island Park for the activities.
• At 7:30 p.m., the Troy Fire Department bike medics will lead a bike ride to Cherry Street Commons, where a bike corral will be provided.
• At 8 p.m., additional family activities are being planned for Cherry Street Commons.
• At dusk, the movie “Pee-wee’s Big Adventure” will start.
• At the conclusion of the movie, the bike medics will lead a bike ride back to Hobart Arena.
Families are welcome to bring lawn chairs and blankets, and enjoy the movie under the stars.
Parking at the Hobart Arena parking lot and then biking to Treasure Island Park to participate in the activities .
Prior to the start of the movie, the winners of two bicycles will be announced. The “Where’s the Bike? Contest” continues through today. Contest information is available at many downtown merchant locations and on the city of Troy website www.troyohio.gov.
This family movie night is part of a community-led Master Plan that is still being created for the redevelopment and revitalization of the Downtown Riverfront.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU