Findlay students awarded scholarships
FINDLAY, Ohio — Students at the University of Findlay were awarded endowed scholarships for the 2018-2019 academic year. Local students include:
• Kendra Doak of Piqua was awarded the Mabel Bauer Scholarship Endowment Fund and VanSweringen Memorial Scholarship Endowment Fund
• Oscar Freyre of Tipp City was awarded the CVS Bilingual Scholarship
• Trelissa Lavy of Pleasant Hill was awarded the James W. Child Memorial Scholarship Endowment Fund
• Michael Taylor of Tipp City was awarded the Sgt. Robin Vincent Fell Scholarship Endowment Fund
• Emily Teague of West Milton was awarded the Ida Fern Wayne ‘29 and Albert Castile Religious Studies Scholarship Endowment Fund, Samuel F. Reist Scholarship Endowment Fund, Janice and Dennis Bishop Family Scholarship Endowment Fund, Active Christian Emissary (ACE) Scholarship Endowment Fund and TLB Foundation Christian Service Operating Scholarship Fund
• Jessica Weeks of Pleasant Hill was awarded the George R. Lanagan Sr. Scholarship Endowment Fund
Frederick named to dean’s list
AMES, Iowa — Approximately 9,752 Iowa State University students have been recognized for outstanding academic achievement by being named to the fall semester 2018 dean’s list, including Madison Marie Frederick of Tipp City.
Students earn dean’s list spot
CINCINNATI — Mount St. Joseph University congratulates the students named to the fall 2018 dean’s list. The dean’s list recognizes undergraduate students who earned a GPA of 3.5 or higher while enrolled in six hours or more of course work for a letter grade.
Christopher Bean of Tipp City, a student in the field of web and mobile app development and Spencer Hogue of Bradford, a student in the field of pre-physical therapy/occupational therapy, were named to the dean’s list.
Dix awarded gold stars at The Citadel
CHARLESTON, S.C. — Logan A. Dix of Tipp City is among the 446 cadets and students recognized for their academic achievements during the fall 2018 semester.
Gold stars are awarded to cadets and students at The Citadel who achieved a 3.7 grade point average or higher. Cadets and students who achieve gold star recognition are also placed on The Citadel’s dean’s list.
Sadler earns scholarship
READING, Pa. — Macie Sadler of Troy has earned a $12,000 annual Founders Scholarship to Albright College, in Reading, Pennsylvania. A senior at Troy High School, Sadler is interested in studying fashion, design and theatre in college.
Albright College awards $12,000 Founders Scholarships to high school students with outstanding academic records. Founders Scholars generally rank in the top five percent of their graduating class and demonstrate strong leadership skills and a commitment to service.