TROY — The Dye Mill Road Facility will open early for the 2016 season — starting on March 14.
The facility will then remain open through Dec. 3 with the following schedule:
• Monday and Friday — 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
• Tuesday and Thursday — 3-7 p.m.
• Saturday — 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
• Wednesday and Sunday — Close
For the convenience of Troy residents, the facility will not close for holidays during the open season. Proof of Troy residency must be provided by those wishing to place items in the Dye Mill Road Facility. Check the city’s website at www.troyohio.gov for a listing of acceptable and prohibited items for this facility.
With warmer weather and residents cleaning up their yards, the following is a reminder regarding the city’s brush and yard waste collection services:
• Brush must be cut into 4’ lengths, bundled and tied, and then placed at the front of the residence for collection by the city.
• The city will not collect any brush that includes the root system, any top outs, or totally removed bushes or brush.
• Items such as weeds, leaves, grass, twigs and sticks can only be picked up by the city if they are placed in T-bags. These T-bags can be purchased from the Billing & Collection Office at City Hall or the True Value Hardware Store on South Market Street at a cost of $1.25 per bag.
• Any of these items can also be taken to the Dye Mill Road Facility starting March 14.
If there are questions, call the City of Troy Central Maintenance & Service Facility at 335-1914.