Area briefs

Camp Excel to be held

PIQUA — Upper Valley Career Center announces the dates of Camp Excel, a summer STEM program for grades 4-7. The camp will be held on the main campus June 5-8 from 9:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.

Camp participants rotate through a series of topics they select including Aquatic Robotics, Basic Building and Carpentry, Cosmetology, Junior Chef, STEM Engineering Fun, Planes and Rockets, Greenhouse, and Learn to Sew.

Registration is now available online at The cost per camper is $100. Completed forms and payment are required by May 19.

Cookies and Canvas to raise funds

WEST MILTON — Christ’s Center for Hope will host Cookies and Canvas on May 13 at the West Milton Senior Citizens and Community Center. The event theme is “Forget Her Not.”

The registration fee of $50 will include cookies, ice tea, lemonade or water, silent auction bidding, 50/50 raffle and a quilt raffle.

Christ’s Center for Hope is 501(c)(3) charitable non-profit organization for formerly incarcerated women. The center will be a safe transitional housing center, offering holistic healing of the mind, body and spirit, through Christian-based programming.

The goal of the event is to gain monthly donors to support the center as well as earn funds to purchase a location for the center.

Pre-registration is required. Go to and click on the event tab and get signed up.

Kindergarten registration opens

BETHEL TWP. — Kindergarten registration for next school year at Bethel Elementary will be open on April 11 and 12. Registration hours are 9-11 a.m. and 1-3 p.m. both days.

Please bring the following items registration session to fulfill enrollment requirements:

• Proof of Residency within the district: a deed, mortgage statement, lease or two different utility bills at the address where you reside, or a builder’s contract may be used as a temporary proof of residency for up to 90 days (it is the resident’s responsibility to provide the school with an updated proof of residency before the 90 days expire)

• Child’s birth certificate

• Shot record and physical form (found on school website)

• Current picture of the Kindergarten child

• Parent or guardian’s driver’s license or photo ID

• IEP/MFE/504 (if applicable)

• Custody Papers (if applicable)

Legal documents must be a certified copy, or original document with the purple court stamp. The school office must make a copy from the original.

Call the school at (937) 845-9414 or visit for more information.